Thursday 15 November 2012

Autumn

I am a child of summer and I feel best during long, warm and sunny days, with light being the key factor in the equation. I thrive on sun and sun light. I get all depressed, listless and energy-deficient during winter and I just want to curl up and snooze until spring.
That said, I LOVE autumn. I love the colors, the smells and sheer abundance of seasonal fruit combined with hints of imminent decay announcing the cruel winter.
The pictures below illustrate my point exactly. These were taken during the weekend getaway with my family.

 'Tis the pumpkin season after all!



 Wall nut leaves have this amazing tobacc-y brown color that I like so much.
 This shrub got all confused poor thing and blossomed in November ;-)
 Last of the roses before spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away - I'd love to hear what you have to say . . .